S/S 2014

Now is the perfect time to embrace your femininity

S/S 2014 - A quick review of my favourite collections
Okay, wow. This season is pretty much my style dream! The catwalks have been absolutely packed with femininity, structured tailoring, short hem lines, pastels, pinks, whites, leather and quirky prints/colour combinations! Even my favourite trend atm, socks with heels, (which I make my own by using the more girly frilly white socks, of course), were in high demand this Paris Fashion Week.
Balenciaga
Main Trends: Structured sleeves, sheer panelling, pastels, monochrome prints (mainly abstract florals), femininity, short 60’s hemlines, crop tops, high waists.
The simple, slicked back hairstyles and barely-there make up sets the perfect understated background for the clothing.


Chanel
Main Trends: femininity, art, graphic prints, graphic colours, socks and heels, 60’s inspiration, leather, pink, grey, graffiti print (omg the graffiti bag!), sleeveless jackets, midi length hems. Karl also included some garments with asymmetrical lines.
Karl did an amazing job with this collection. The colours and the prints are amazing. I want to wear literally every piece that went down the runway, and I’m not normally a fan of midi length hems for myself!
Fun bob hairstyles and bright pops of colour on the eyelids only added to the gorgeous art inspired collection.
Chanel S/S’14 is funky, artsy, feminine, and wholly unique. Karl can do no wrong!



Miu Miu
Main trends: 60’s, pastels, big collars/big round buttons, midi coats, bright colours, colourful cable knit high socks/tights, kitsch prints, high waists, dainty purses, patent leather.
Miuccia’s vision for this collection was awkward teens. Every model had a lock of hair artfully stuck into their mouths, expressing the awkwardness of teens with lip gloss. Something we’ve all lived through! 60’s inspiration was everywhere, in the coloured tights, short hemlines, patent leather and rounded pockets and buttons. Altogether a very cutesy collection.



Alexander McQueen
Main trends: metals, buckles, warrior, crop tops, midi and mini hems, red, blue, monochrome, checks, high waists.
While keeping to the feminine trend for a few looks a whole new ancient warrior inspired trend was on display in the McQueen collection. Buckles, metal straps and accents, reds, greys, blacks and blues dominated the runway. Definitely not as out there and creative as we expect a McQueen collection to be, but not too bad for Sara Burton’s second collection as the new Creative Director.



Jazmin Y 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Stream

Meet The Author

My name is Jazmin. I'm 23, from Melbourne, AUS, and this is my blog dedicated to my style, my love of fashion, my addiction to finding amazing bargains, and my devotion to perfect luxury items. I treat this blog as my best girl friend, everything I think and feel about fashion and style will be posted here, to my lovely readers ♥